I just got back from a day and a half of some of the best teaching I've ever had the privilege of sitting under.
Deeper Still Conference with:
It was absolutely incredible. And the WORSHIP, lead by Travis Cottrell, was honestly the best worship experience I've ever known in this country ... I wept every time we sang. And there is nothing like hearing 25,000 women sing acapella worshipping their God.
Some nuggets I personally took away from the weekend.
- When I feel ill-equipped, I must remember Whose I am and that God's call is more than what I can do on my own. And it's ultimately that way for His glory.
- Even after David was anointed he went back to his "menial" job ... and during those years he learned everything he would need for the future.
- I have an enemy. When the enemy finds out that I'm anointed, he will come out against me in full force.
- The anointing guarantees access to God.
- Prayer is the most potent weapon we have.
- When we pray, God in his humanity can sympathize, and yet in His diety can do something about it. At best, our girlfriends maybe can sympathize.
- God is the God of BREAKTHROUGH - and my next breakthrough will come in the are of food addiction/self-control.
- David always inquired of God before dealing with the enemy, even if the answer seemed obvious.
From Beth's talk "How do we cooperate with God to get to glorious transformation?" (II Samuel 6-7):
- David thinks he's going to build a house for God, but God says he will build David a house. When we think we've done something for God, He will come back and do something amazing. He gets ALL the glory.
- I Peter 2:4-5 - WE are the spiritual house, living stones
- God wants to do something in my life that makes Him show up.
- His calling will require more than I can ever do. All the time. I'm not looking for a tweak, but a transformation.
- When you pray the Word over people, you transfer the burden to the Word. The Word even transfers over spiritual seed (since the New Testament).
- We have to move past our personal devastation with God.
- The greatest calling of my life will be on the other side of the pain. If I let the enemy hold me in that place, I'm stuck for life.
- We've got to return to whole-hearted obedience.
- If I'm not with Christ, the enemy is ready to take my passion away for his purpose. I was made for holy passion.
Kay's talk on Crossroads (II Samuel 11-12):
- Sin is never done undercover.
- Sin will cause the enemies of God to blaspheme Him. And God is so holy that He will not try to defend Himself by covering your sin. The greater a leader that falls, the more publicity his sin will receive.
- The grace of God is favor, power and previous.
- If you're breathing, it's not over for you. Grace is still available.
- Stop moaning about your past and God will use it.
- God's grace is David's life was that even after his many sins, God allowed Solomon to build the house that David longed to build for the Ark of the Covenant. This was the son born from David and Bathsheba. THAT is grace.
There was so much more than what I can begin to fill on this page. I had really no idea what I was getting into when my mom asked me if I wanted to go to this event. I just said yes and decided to go even though I didn't feel well and would rather have stayed at home and rested. But I'm so thankful that I went and relished in the fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit, the revelation of the Holy Scriptures and and the testimony of God's goodness, faithfulness and grace in the lives of three women who are going deeper still.
(Picture: Mandisa from American Idol helped lead worship this morning ... great testimony of faith!)